2018 is set to be the year that the future of healthcare comes to fruition. From personalized medicine to CRISPR gene editing, AI has a revolutionary part to play in tackling some of the longest-standing ills and ailments facing humanity.
To celebrate the launch of our new issue, ‘A New Era In Healthcare’, we’ve compiled some of the latest cutting-edge research, statistics, and reports from the world’s leading health, pharma, and tech giants, including:
- NHS England
Beginning with this infographic, AI Business will kickstart our July 2018 issue with a wide-lens look at the future of healthcare. We’ll be exploring the big questions surrounding the future of human healthcare and provision; the crises facing health services around the world due to an aging population; the use cases for AI that are already leading to transformative changes in pharma, medicine, and care; and the next big steps for the nurses, doctors, surgeons, and physicians who keep the whole world healthy.
In the next 3 weeks, expect to read features about AI and the future of the National Health Service on its 70th birthday; guest articles from leading figures in AI and health, such as Kerrie Holley, Technology Fellow at Optum; interviews with some of the most groundbreaking start-ups in the field; as well as real-world insights into revolutionary technologies such as genomics and AI social care.
In the meantime, stay tuned for all of our latest news, features, interviews, videos, and more on aibusiness.com.
DISCLAIMER: CC BY-NC-ND – You are free to share, copy, and redistribute the material in any medium or format for non-commercial purposes but you must give appropriate credit to aibusiness.com and indicate if any changes have been made.
Sources and additional reading:
- OECD, 2017. Tackling Wasteful Spending on Health.
- Frost & Sullivan, 2015. Cognitive Computing and Artificial Intelligence Systems in Healthcare.
- McKinsey Global Institute, 2017. Artificial Intelligence: The Next Digital Frontier?
- PwC Belgium, 2017. Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare is here to stay
- Accenture, 2017. Artificial Intelligence: Healthcare’s New Nervous System
- Futurism, 2016. IBM’s Watson AI Recommends Same Treatment As Doctors In 99% of Cancer Cases
- Oakden-Rayner et al, 2017. Precision Radiology: Predicting longevity using feature engineering
- The Guardian, 2018. The five AI cancer detectors
- PwC, 2017. Enabling better healthcare with artificial intelligence
- Statista, 2018. Forecasted value of the global wearables market from 2012 to 2018
- Personalized Medicine Coalition, 2017. The Personalized Medicine Report
- AI Business, 2018. Doctors In Uproar As Babylon Claim AI Bot Outperforms GPs
- AI Business, 2017. Medicine Needs A Paradigm Shift – And AI Could Be The Answer
- AI Business, 2017. GSK Sets Sights On Technological Transformation Of Healthcare With AI