2018 is set to be the year that the future of healthcare comes to fruition. From personalized medicine to CRISPR gene editing, AI has a revolutionary part to play in tackling some of the longest-standing ills and ailments facing humanity.
To celebrate the launch of our new issue, 'A New Era In Healthcare', we've compiled some of the latest cutting-edge research, statistics, and reports from the world's leading health, pharma, and tech giants, including:
- NHS England
[caption id="attachment_11859" align="aligncenter" width="651"] Preview - click for more[/caption]
Beginning with this infographic, AI Business will kickstart our July 2018 issue with a wide-lens look at the future of healthcare. We'll be exploring the big questions surrounding the future of human healthcare and provision; the crises facing health services around the world due to an aging population; the use cases for AI that are already leading to transformative changes in pharma, medicine, and care; and the next big steps for the nurses, doctors, surgeons, and physicians who keep the whole world healthy.
In the next 3 weeks, expect to read features about AI and the future of the National Health Service on its 70th birthday; guest articles from leading figures in AI and health, such as Kerrie Holley, Technology Fellow at Optum; interviews with some of the most groundbreaking start-ups in the field; as well as real-world insights into revolutionary technologies such as genomics and AI social care.
[caption id="attachment_11860" align="aligncenter" width="649"] Preview - click for more[/caption]
In the meantime, stay tuned for all of our latest news, features, interviews, videos, and more on aibusiness.com.
[caption id="attachment_11862" align="aligncenter" width="650"] Preview - click for more[/caption]
DISCLAIMER: CC BY-NC-ND – You are free to share, copy, and redistribute the material in any medium or format for non-commercial purposes but you must give appropriate credit to aibusiness.com and indicate if any changes have been made.
Sources and additional reading:
- OECD, 2017. Tackling Wasteful Spending on Health.
- Frost & Sullivan, 2015. Cognitive Computing and Artificial Intelligence Systems in Healthcare.
- McKinsey Global Institute, 2017. Artificial Intelligence: The Next Digital Frontier?
- PwC Belgium, 2017. Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare is here to stay
- Accenture, 2017. Artificial Intelligence: Healthcare's New Nervous System
- Futurism, 2016. IBM's Watson AI Recommends Same Treatment As Doctors In 99% of Cancer Cases
- Oakden-Rayner et al, 2017. Precision Radiology: Predicting longevity using feature engineering
- The Guardian, 2018. The five AI cancer detectors
- PwC, 2017. Enabling better healthcare with artificial intelligence
- Statista, 2018. Forecasted value of the global wearables market from 2012 to 2018
- Personalized Medicine Coalition, 2017. The Personalized Medicine Report
- AI Business, 2018. Doctors In Uproar As Babylon Claim AI Bot Outperforms GPs
- AI Business, 2017. Medicine Needs A Paradigm Shift - And AI Could Be The Answer
- AI Business, 2017. GSK Sets Sights On Technological Transformation Of Healthcare With AI