2018 is set to be the biggest year yet for AI. From a global wave of automation at every level of industry to a major skills gap driving huge demand for AI talent, businesses across sector lines must begin to develop their AI strategy – today.
To celebrate the launch of our Future of Work issue this month, we’ve compiled together some of the latest cutting-edge research, statistics, and reports from the world’s leading tech and business giants, including:
Beginning with this infographic, AI Business will kickstart 2018 with a wide-lens look at The Future of Work. Stay tuned for a deep dive into the big questions surrounding the future of our economy and our organizations; the vital strategic debates surrounding AI in the boardroom; the real-world AI use cases transforming the nature of work today; and the next big steps for AI in the business world.
In the next two weeks, we’ll be speaking to business and tech visionaries from across the spectrum of AI innovation. Our first cover feature for the month, ‘Bridging The AI Skills Gap’, will offer real-world insights into how organizations can ensure their workforce don’t sink beneath the rising tide of AI, featuring interviews with figures such as Rob McCargow, PwC UK AI Lead, and many more.
In ‘Could Basic Income Hold The Key to AI Success?’ we’ll be speaking to Reform Scotland about the country’s four universal basic income trials to explore with business leaders how AI, combined with basic income, could prompt huge shifts in the relationship between organizations and the workforce. AI Business will also examine AI’s impacts for the future of recruitment and HR in an exclusive interview with Jeanne Meister, Partner at Future Workplace.
This is just the start—later in the month, we’ll be publishing a second cover feature, ‘The Augmented Boardroom’, as well as an exclusive interview with one of our VisionAIries. Stay tuned for all of our latest news, features, and interviews over on aibusiness.com.
DISCLAIMER: CC BY-NC-ND – You are free to share, copy, and redistribute the material in any medium or format for non-commercial purposes but you must give appropriate credit to aibusiness.com and indicate if any changes have been made.
Sources and additional reading:
- PwC, 2017. ‘2017 Global digital IQ Survey: Emerging Technology Insights’ http://usblogs.pwc.com/emerging-technology/2017-diq-emerging-tech-insights/
- Ovum, 2018. ‘ICT Enterprise Insights: Artificial Intelligence’ https://ovum.informa.com/resources/product-content/ictei-ai
- Genpact, 2017. ‘Is Your Business AI-Ready?’ http://www.genpact.com/downloadable-content/insight/is-your-business-ai-ready.pdf
- Citi GPS: Global Perspectives & Solutions, January 2016. ‘Technology at work: V2.0’ https://www.oxfordmartin.ox.ac.uk/downloads/reports/Citi_GPS_Technology_Work_2.pdf
- Genpact, 2017. The workforce: staying ahead of artificial intelligence. http://www.genpact.com/downloadable-content/the-workforce-staying-ahead-of-artificial-intelligence.pdf
- LinkedIn, 2017 – U.S. Emerging Jobs Report https://economicgraph.linkedin.com/research/LinkedIns-2017-US-Emerging-Jobs-Report
- Study: Artificial intelligence hindered by talent shortage https://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2017/12/26/artificial-intelligence-talent-shortage-salaries.html
- 2018 Salary Guides – Robert Half https://www.roberthalf.com/salary-guide
- AI Will Make Our Jobs Less Mundane Says Cisco CTO Alison Vincent https://aibusiness.com/ai-will-make-our-jobs-less-mundane-says-ciscos-cto-alison-vincent/
- CIO Pay Jumps With Demand For Digital Change https://blogs.wsj.com/cio/2017/10/26/cio-pay-jumps-with-demand-for-digital-change/
- The Rise of the Chief Information Officer https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/on-leadership/wp/2015/09/22/the-rise-of-the-chief-information-officer/?utm_term=.4f1359010a63
- 5 Business technology trends defining CIO responsibilities in 2018 https://www.ciodive.com/news/5-business-technology-trends-defining-cio-responsibilities-in-2018/513842/
- Gartner Survey of more than 3,000 CIOs confirms the changing role of the chief information officer https://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/3810968
- When will AI Exceed human performance? Evidence from AI experts https://arxiv.org/abs/1705.08807
- Experimenting with Universal Basic Income, Sir richard Branson https://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/experimenting-universal-basic-income
- Modeling the Macroeconomic effects of a universal basic income http://rooseveltinstitute.org/modeling-macroeconomic-effects-ubi/
- Survey Reveals Nearly 50% of Americans Favour a Universal Basic Income https://futurism.com/survey-reveals-nearly-50-of-americans-favor-a-universal-basic-income/
- Universal basic income: Half of britons back plan to pay all UK citizens regardless of employment http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/universal-basic-income-benefits-unemployment-a7939551.html
- Mark Zuckerberg Calls For Universal Basic Income In his Harvard Commencement Speech http://fortune.com/2017/05/26/mark-zuckerberg-universal-basic-income/
- PwC: AI Technologies Offer ‘Significant Potential’ for Competitive Advantages https://aibusiness.com/pwc-anand-rao-ai-competitive-advantage/
- China’s Largest E-Commerce company, Alibaba, Plans to Invest $15B in AI https://aibusiness.com/alibaba-ai-research-institute/
- 3 Thought Leadership Lessons From Business Leaders at AI Summit https://aibusiness.com/thought-leadership-day-2-ai-summit/
- Genpact Survey of 300 Senior Executives: Companies Must Overcome AI Skills and Culture Gap to Flourish https://aibusiness.com/genpact-survey-senior-executives-ai-gap/